But have you priced some of those props lately??? (heart attack) 5 ribbon wands for 35 bux??? For me that would be an easy $175 plus shipping.... uh... no thanks.
So, I was cleaning out some drawers in my classroom and found a pile of recorder cleaning rods. I don't use them to 'clean' anything! I got to thinking hmmmm ribbon wand??? YES!
- Recorder cleaning rods
- Key rings ($1.94/pkg of 10) Walmart
- Mustad fishing swivels with interlock ($ 1.16/pkg of 8) Walmart
- Satin or grosgrain ribbon (12 foot bolt for $4.79) Jo-Anns
- Needle and thread
- Connect swivels to cleaning rods using the interlock - (its kinda like a safety pin)
- Connect a key ring to the other end of the swivel.
- I cut my ribbon bolts in half to make six foot ribbons.
- Use your needle and thread to create a little pocket and whip stitch it closed.
- Pull the key ring through the pocket you created to connect the ribbon to the wand.